Saturday, November 14, 2015

Be You, Bravely

I've been thinking about what my first blog post should be. It has been rather challenging to think about because usually the first post is an introduction. However, I have already shared who I am and what I stand for on the About Me page.

As already stated, I have made it known that my blog will be about health and fitness. It goes much deeper than that, though. I believe that we have to nurture ourselves from the inside, out. You have to be happy with who you are on the inside first. With that being said, I felt that it was appropriate for my first post to be about being happy with YOU!

Comparing yourself to others leads to a road of destruction and will get you nowhere. God made you as a unique individual and has a purpose for your life. Why would you want to be anyone else?

Will you do me one favor? If you trust me with nothing else, trust me with this. Step out of your comfort zone and bravely be you! Is it easy? Absolutely not! To be honest, it kind of stinks in the beginning! However, if you'll push past your fears, you'll find that the more you strive to be who God intended you to be: the more courageous and confident you will become. I'm not saying that I'm totally comfortable in my skin, but I'm definitely a lot further along than I used to be.



I'm going to leave you with a verse. Don't just read it and move on. Break it apart and really think about it. Let God speak to you.

~ Romans 12:2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. ~ 

Stay FIT ~ Focused • Inspired • Transformed

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written. And so true! You are a very inspiring person. You have such a wonderful out look on life and i just love it! I look foward to reading more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! So glad we have connected! <3

      Delete