Monday, November 30, 2015

My Perfect Meatloaf

Hey friends!

I am so excited to share my meatloaf recipe with you all this evening! This may sound silly, but I have tried and tried making "my perfect" (and healthy) meatloaf. I ate some meatloaf at a church gathering once and never could figure out who made it. It was the BEST meatloaf ever and I just wasn't satisfied with anyone else's after that. So, after trying different ways each time I fixed it, I finally have a meatloaf that closely matches what I ate at that church gathering. Woot! Woot! Here ya go -

For the loaf
2 lbs organic lean beef
1 egg
1 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped peppers
8 oz (no added sugar) tomato sauce
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp cilantro

Note: Oatmeal is naturally gluten free, but there can be cross contamination in factories. If you need it to be completely gluten free, make sure it says so on the package!

For the top
1/3 cup ketchup (I use the Simply Nature brand at Aldi to avoid the unnecessary ingredients)
1 tbsp mustard

Preheat oven to 425. Stir up all ingredients that make up the meatloaf. Place in a greased (with olive oil) glass 7x11 or 2 qt dish. Pour topping mixture over top and spread around with a spoon. Bake for about 40-45 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment